Start a new topic
Solved

Calls going dead

Is there a problem with the network as I have been using FreshPhone for well over a year with no problems? 

However, the last few days when I make a call the call goes through and then after a few minites of speaking goes dead. Somethongs it starts working again but most times you have to redial. There are often times when two people are talking at once on two lines and maybe a third tries to dial.

On the top icons by the dot it says unauthorized, maybe it is the password change that you did (when my account was hacked and I lost R500) but the password hasn't been updated in the dashboard

Hi Helena, 

That could be possible, let me see if I can update that for you quickly.

Please test again

ok it's working now. I'll test to see if the line drops through the app.

Great thanks for letting me know

Hi, I'm having the same problem the last two months on a CellC LTE connection. When I make a call the call disconnect after a minute or two and when I redial the same number, in most cases the call does not disconnect again

Also having this problem... other party can hear me, but I can't hear them. And it's difficult to end the call.. hanging up or "End" button does not immediately disconnect.

Didn't have this problem before.

Recently switched to Afrihost "Pure" package from their "Premium" package, don't know if that has anything to do with it. On 100/10 connection.

It's worrying because I've just requested a port from my landline number ...

Hi Ian

One way audio is one of 2 things. Bandwidth or Firewall. 

Bandwidth

Callers not being able to hear you is upload bandwidth issues, and you not being able to hear callers is download bandwidth issues. ( the fact that you changed your package to a more contended package points at this one)

Firewall

Ensure that SIP ALG is disabled on your router and that your firewall allows all UDP traffic to and from sip1.freshphone.co.za on port 5060, and RTP on ports 10000-20000 ( This one would only be relevant if you changed your router since it last worked)

Login or Signup to post a comment