After discovering and reading up on Freshphone, it seems worth my while porting off Telkom and investing in some of the phone hardware. But before doing that I wanted to give it a spin and test out the quality for myself.
I'm not off to a good start tho.I've downloaded and tried setting up Zoiper on my Mac, but it doesnt appear to be registering, keep getting a "SIP 403 - Forbidden" error. As far as I can see, I've configured correctly:
Password: as suppplied on TMS
Selected Codec: iLBC30
What option/s or configs have i missed?
Here are the steps you need to follow, we used your account information to test and it seemed to work perfectly:
1. Install Zoiper for MAC
2. Run the application
3. Navigate to "Settings" and select "Create new Account"
4. "SIP" click next
5. User / User@host - firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Password - Copy and paste as provided, remember that it is case-sensitive
6. Click Next - The account is now added
7. Navigate to "Settings" and select "Preferences"
8. Add the 27872****** only into the Auth. username and click "Register"
That's it the account should show a green check mark and be online