Liquid error: undefined method `name' for nil:NilClass
Start a new topic

Can receive calls but cannot make outgoing calls

Hi there,

I am testing this service at my parents house who are living in another location to see if they can use this when they move away from telkom. 

I am able to receive calls, but outgoing calls do not work. I do get a dial tone on the phone. 

On the website it shows Online 47ms Grandstream HT801 1.0.15.4.  

Hi Sanju, 

It could very well be a setting on the grandstream device. I will see if I can search the forum for the solution because I seem to remember someone else recently having this exact issue. I am not overly familiar with the HT ATA's have you used the youtube video one of our members created as a reference? 

http://help.freshphone.co.za/a/solutions/articles/17000078080

I still have the problem. The wireless internet network(wisp) my parents have is double to triple NAT'ed. If i use the freshphone app on their wifi it works, but not the grandstream though.

The device works when I uses it on my fibre connection which is a single NAT.

Any idea what setting could it be.

Hi Sanju,

I found some steps that could be followed to resolve the issue your having.

All the highlighted sections please make sure to enter your Freshphone account details.

Link:   https://support.stuff-fibre.co.nz/hc/en-us/articles/228908347-Grandstream-ATA-Setup.

I don't think you understand, as you tried to show me on how to fix for a fibre connection.

Not Working !!!!

The wireless internet network(wisp) my parents have is double to triple NAT'ed. If I use the freshphone ios phone app on their wifi it works, but not the grandstream device though. I am able to see the device registered on the granstream page and also on freshphone website, and it can receive calls. But it cannot make any outgoing calls as I just hear silence on the phone. 

NAT - Network address translation.

Working!!!!

The device works when I uses it on my fibre connection which is a single NAT.

Do you know how I can fix the not working section? I did try using both sip1.freshphone.co.za and its IP address 41.221.5.251 for both Primary SIP server and Proxy server, but I still get the same problem.

Hi Sanju

The ISP will need to allow the bidirectional connection to sip1.freshphone.co.za on port 5060 for UDP traffic and RTP ports 10000-20000 on the dbl to trpl NATted. 

Login or Signup to post a comment