Start a new topic

Porting from neotel to freshphone

Hi. I need to port my number that starts with 012 from neotel to freshphone. How do I go about that?

4 people have this question

Hi Mark

If it is not connected via an internet cable to a router and it looks like a traditional landline phone, then it probably won't work.

Hi Fresh Man

Just want to know, would my current Neotel Phone work with FreshPhone? I'm not sure if it is a VOIP-enabled phone and if it will work?

Thanks lots!

Mark

Hi Anton,

If your neotel phone accepts SIP accounts you can use the Freshphone account. If not you will have to source a VoIP device that accept SIP accounts. The recommended device will be Yealink, they are cost-effective and easy to setup. 

Thank you. 

I need someone to contact me and explain to me how this works. Were do get a Voip phone or can we use our neotel phone

Hi Anton

Any VoIP phone can be used. Our system uses an internet connection to work. There are also numerous Apps available in the app stores to use on your mobile phone, including a FreshPHONE one.

Just want to confirm which handset do you use with freshphone for a landline. Do you also have a sim card?

Hi Anton

Many people are still porting their numbers from Neotel to us. If you want to keep your original number. You can test our platform with a simple free sign up which also gives you access to our online Telephone Management system and R5 free airtime to see if we are the one for you. An 087 number is auto generated during the sign up procedure for you to test with. We do also offer geographical numbers.

Here is a link to take you through the process of moving from Neotel and also the porting of your number

http://help.freshphone.co.za/a/forums/topics/17000015388 

Morning our Neotel number ended the 30 June 2019.  Neotel suggested FreshPhone for the porting of the number.  The number started with 027, please can you contact me on 0795112722 with information regarding the service you offer.

Hi Gcwabe

We will need proof of ownership to be able to initiate the port. Please contact you current provider and let them know the story and they will have to change the ownership into your name. Good luck.

Hi Alfonso

iPhones unfortunately do not have that ability

Hi Gcwabe

To start the porting process please login to your TMS: https://tms.freshphone.co.za/

- Select your account

- Select DID manager on the right hand panel

- Select "Port my geographical number"

- Follow the prompts and complete the porting application form

- Upload all documents and submit your submission.

Please DO NOT cancel your line with your current provider, only cancel it once the port has been successful, The provider will receive a port out notification and they should automatically cancel your line, however always best to follow up with a call to them to confirm the cancellation on the line.

We cannot port a cancelled/suspended line.

Porting takes between 7-21 days.

good day 

i need to port but since it starts with paying i need to know how you can assist my friend sold me his phone in  2014 since then been using his line until to date but i dont know where he is or where to find him. 

What are the settings to check on Apple phone. I want to try it on my iPhone

Hi Alfonso

Are you using an Android version of the FreshPHONE app?

If you are go to the Settings menu( top right)

Go To Preferences

Go To Sound\

Go to Advanced

Set the Enable Playback Buffering to "Never"

We use Telkom WiFi Rooter but still the quality of the calls is a concern. Very poor and cutting sometimes
Login or Signup to post a comment