Start a new topic
Solved

Calls going dead

Is there a problem with the network as I have been using FreshPhone for well over a year with no problems? 

However, the last few days when I make a call the call goes through and then after a few minites of speaking goes dead. Somethongs it starts working again but most times you have to redial. There are often times when two people are talking at once on two lines and maybe a third tries to dial.

Hi Neil,

I hope you are well. Please advise on the internet connection you are using for the phone system. If you are sharing voice and data on the same internet connection, it could be causing the issue you are experiencing. Data will always take priority over voice. You can perform a test, when on a call stop using your PC or any device with an internet connection, just to see if the call cuts when there is no activity on the internet connection. 

Thank you. 

Hi

We do share data on this line, but I have had if for a few years and there has never been a problem wit FreshPhone calls dropping. It is a 8Mb wi-fi link. 

Hi Neil,

There could be two causes to the issue you are experiencing. One, there could be a device on the internal network which is consuming a lot of bandwidth. Two, your internet connection or ISP are having issues. I can confirm there are no issues on the Freshphone network. 

Thank you. 

Login or Signup to post a comment