Start a new topic
Solved

No Incoming Calls Snom 300

Hi , I have setup a snom 300 phone on a D-Link 2750u router, I've followed the instruction in the forum for that model, ensured that RTP encryption is off and support broken registrar is on. My account is 278709411819.

From what I can gather after multiple attempts at resetting phone and redoing setup, after initial setup phone works, can relieve and make calls. However wifi ceases having internet connectivity, while Ethernet internet connectivity for pc still works.

Resetting router fixes wifi connectivity issue, however after this can only make outgoing calls from phone, when try to make incoming call either does not go through, I hear a sound like a modem or get told the subscriber is unavailable.

I've tested my account with Zoiper and it works fine, can make and receive calls.

So it must be an issue with phone or router. But I did notice that this problem also started after I requested my Telkom number be ported, so not sure if that's related. 

I'm also unsure if switching router on and off causes issues, notice the phones IP address does change after doing this a few times. If I have to reconfigure everything , every-time I reset router, or reset router everytime I want wifi to work, that's untenable.

Please can you assist.

PS: As of right now, everything is working correctly, but I'm not sure howlong that will last or what will happen if have to turn on and off router again in future.

Untitled.jpg
(168 KB)

So with me , it just started working normally about 24 hours after I submitted this issue, without changing SIP ALG settings or doing anything. I subsequently did disable SIP ALG and it's been working fine so far.

I am having the same problem - SIP ALG disabled - still not working.  My situation is a 100% match to this except the router is a Huawei.

Worked until port performed.  Considering changing to SwitchTel.

Hi Emil,

Please follow the steps in the link below to disable SIP ALG on your router. 

https://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/How-to-disable-Sip-ALG-on-a-D-link-Router

Thank you. 

Actually stopped working again, soon after posting this. Issue is still persistent.

Login or Signup to post a comment