Start a new topic

Incoming Calls from a 33 Number

Hi, I am not sure if I've raised this problem before on this forum, however I did not find any other posts about this on the forum.

So I ported my landline, and have the FreshPHONE service running through a Huawei B315 modem and using my existing cordless phones, and have not had any issues with operating the service like this.

However, at least once or twice a month, I receive calls from a 33 number, which dials at very random times. What I usually do is let it ring, and it stops after calling in once.

This morning this 33 number called in at 5:45am (and woke me up) and I tried declining the call once. It then persisted calling in (with me not answering it) several more times, every few minutes for the next 20 minutes, until it stopped by itself.

I'd be lying if I was to say that this was not annoying to say the least.

But above that, is there a reason why this keeps happening every month?

Any explanation or solution would be highl appreciated.

I spoke too soon. This 33 number is still calling in at 6:30am, and I tried looking at the call log to see if it even shows up, and it does not even register on the Incoming Call history.

Hi Odwa,

Please advise what brand and model of the cordless you have. 

Thank you. 

Hi there, I use the Panasonic KX-TGA131EX (3-handset) cordless phones.

As stated, the phones work just fine when setup via the Huawei modem. It's just this number 33 that keeps on dialling in every now and again.

I think this is a form of SIPvicious attack since I see no record of any calls during that time period. Please could you try change the SIP port on the phone device you are using, remember that the SIP register port needs to still be 5060 but there could be a setting for the Phone's SIP port as seen below on this Yealink.

I'll try and see if there is a setting like that on my device and will attempt to make the changes later this evening.

Hi Odwa

Did you manage to find the setting?

Hi Fresh Man, just been having some issues with intermittent internet for the past day or so, but that seems to have been fixed, and I will check today.

Just for clarity, I must look for the setting within the Huawei B315's settings, correct?

Login or Signup to post a comment