Start a new topic

Device Status: Offline

Hi, I had my telkom number ported by yourselves but my device status shows offline. Internet and all works fine but have no dialing tone. ISP is CellC on Technicolor TG789vac v2.What to do to get online. Only sound on the telephone are continuous beeps.

Thanks,
Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for this feedback! hopefully it helps someone else in the future.

Hi Freshman,

Something for your information and help for others that might have this problem. The problem I have always had were calls only lasting 5-6 min then cutting off and going offline. I tried everything I could think off but nothing worked. Contacted CellC but they did not know how to resolve. 2 of their technicians came to my premises to check. On the Gateway under the Telephony/Services/Config VOIP Services page we changed the Time Out on the FXS 1 and FXS 2 from 30 to 0. I can make calls any length I want now. I am at last completely satisfied. Thanks for all your help in the past. Hope you have also learned something.

Thanks,
Peter.

htm
(27.9 KB)

Hi Pcannell,

I hope you are well. Please try rebooting your router, switch the router off and wait 10 minutes before restarting. If the reboot did not work then your local 5060 port on your internal network could be blocked, please go through the settings on your phone and look for "Local Port". Once you have found the setting please change it to 5090 and re-register the account on the device. 

Thank you. 

Hi Fresh Man,

I seem to have another problem. I made a call this morning and all was fine for 5 min 7 secs then the call died. The phone is now offline. Have opened the gateway site and it will say registering the phone then just goes unregistered. Phone is still offline. Need to use the phone and make some long calls now and again. Some help is required.

Thanks,

Peter.

Hi Peter,

I hope you are well. It also depends on the other side as well, there could be a delay on the other side and that could cause the delay. If the delay becomes longer then what you are experiencing at the moment, please let us know and we will take it from there. 

Thank you. 

Hi Fresh Man,

I made a couple of calls today. Is it correct that after number is dialed it takes some time before the ringing tone comes on - could be around 3 to 5 seconds? Hope everything will be remain OK .

Thanks,

Peter.

Hi Peter,

I hope you are well. I see that you made a successful call today to that specific number. Please confirm is the issue has been resolved. 

Thank you. 

Hi Fresh Man,

Sorry but I seem to have another problem. I am online but when I try to make a call to 021 700**** it dials goes silent for 35-40 seconds and then an engaged signal. Have tried for 2 days. I have not set up any site or number blocking. Do you have a solution for me? Further have a great weekend.

Thanks,

Peter.

Hi Pcannell,

I see that your extension is online and working. 

Thank you.

Morning Fresh Man,

Have changed Primary Registrar. Should Primary Proxy remain 0.0.0.0 and not the same as Primary Registrar? Under Phone Numbers should User Name, URI and Display Name not be SIP Username? What could Password be as it is only 7 digits/letters? SIP Password is 18 digits/letters but will not fit into password box. With changed Primary then save it shows Registering Accounts then reverts to Unregistered Accounts. Also tried changing User Name, URI and Display Name to SIP Username number but no success. Have also done Reboots when making changes. Sorry about being a pain but learning plenty from you.

Thanks,

Peter.

Global.JPG
(88.2 KB)

Hi Pcannell,

I hope you are well. Please see the screenshot below. The primary SIP host is set to 0.0.0.0, the device does not know what destination it should connect to. Please edit the "Primary Registrar" and insert 41.221.5.251 (sip1.freshphone.co.za). 

Hi Fresh Man,

Thanks for your response. Sorry about the number of screenshots. Did ping the host address and all was a success. Do not see "security menu" on the Gateway. Only place I found SIP ALG and RTSP is on NAT Helpers and as you can see I turned them "off". Other screenshots show as the Gateway stands. Tried numerous other things under Global and Phone Numbers but nothing changes. The TG789vac v2 setup guide says I can use any phone.

With the TG789vac v2 you can make VoIP calls using a regular phone.

One phone I have is a Gigaset DECT. Do not have a VoIP phone and do not see that I must. My ISP is CellC. Have had a very frustrating 10 days trying to get this to work. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter.

Service.JPG
(109 KB)
NAT Helper.JPG
(50.2 KB)
Gateway1.JPG
(49.1 KB)
Gateway.JPG
(89 KB)

Hi Pcannel,

I hope you are well. Please can you ping our host address (sip1.freshphone.co.za), if you do get a response that means there is a SIP setting on your fibre router which needs to be disabled(please take a screenshot of your security menu on the web interface for the router and I will guide you from there). If you do not get a response that means your ISP is blocking our host address and you will need to contact them to unblock the IP address. Please let me know the outcome of the troubleshooting. 

Thank you. 

Hi Freshman,

Have search to find SIP ALG and RTSP on TG789vac v2 but had no luck. Searched the internet but only find for TG582 etc. Can you please guideme.

Thanks,

Peter.

Hi PCannel

SIP ALG and RTSP should be disabled on that router

Regards Freshman

Login or Signup to post a comment