Start a new topic

Random calls from 1001, 100, etc

Good Day, please assist in advising how to amend the settings on a Escene ES290-PN VIOP phone to stop receiving calls from 1001, 100, etc.

Hi Rowan,

The calls you are getting is called sip vicious or ghost calls. Unfortunately, I do not have a phone like that to go through it to see which setting will stop the untrusted calls from coming through. When I looked through the manual I could not find a setting that would stop the calls. On the Yealink phone, there is a setting called "Accept SIP Trust Server Only" which only allows calls from the server (sip1.freshphone.co.za) and from nowhere else. Please can you go through the settings on the phone to see if you can find such a setting?

Also please have a look at your settings on your router. The SIP ALG setting should be disabled. Also have a look at your NAT settings, your public IP address is shown when you make outgoing calls which allow's these hackers to intercept the traffic and gain that information. 

Thank you. 

Good Day, thank you for the reply, I will go through the phone settings and check for the trust server only settings. As well as check for the SIP ALG and NAT setting on router. Thanks.

Hi Rowan,

Thank you. 

Login or Signup to post a comment