Start a new topic
Solved

Cannot receive calls n Zoiper SIP app made from Telkom phone

I have setup a Zoiper SIP app on android. FreshPHONE acct setup and seems to be okay. However, I cannot dial my network number 087 057 ... using a Telkom phone. It does not ring nor give any error message. What am i doing wrong? I can make outgoing calls using zoiper on mobile ph. Christo Cronje

Hi Christo,

I tested the number with my cellular phone and the call was connected. Your number is activated for incoming calls. Please test again and advise.

Thank you. 

Hi Fresh Man

Thanks, I can receive calls now!

I have also setup a Fresh PHONE acct for my wife, Carina Cronje

Her Zoiper app does the same as mine - can you have that fixed also or please advise what I should change on the setups?

Thank you for the really fast and good support, appreciated!

Christo

Hi Christo,

I see that Carina's account is currently offline. Please get the account online on a device and let me know so I can perform some tests. 

Thank you. 

I have a similar problem on a new account I opened yesterday. It does not ring through to Zoiper app and gives a "not available"message. If however I activate the call forward to my cellphone number the call does connect. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Hi Ronnie,

I see that your account is still offline and that is why you not receiving any calls through the application. Please try reregistering the account on Zoiper. If that does not work please try reconfiguring the application. Please let me know if the issue still persists after you tried the following solutions. 

Thank you.

Does it show online now?

Hi Ronnie,

The status still shows offline on my side. Please try a different internet connection to try and register the account. If all the credentials have been set up correctly it could be the internet connection that is causing the account not to register.

Thank you. 

I think that when my cellphone goes into sleep mode (i.e. screen off and needs to be unlocked with a pin) my account shows as offline. As soon as the phone is active my fresh phone account shows as active again. I am not sure what I can do to fix this permanently.

Hi Ronnie

You will need an App that supports Push Notifications ( ie keep alive functionality )  The one I use is called Groundwire. Zoiper Pro or Bria are also a good ones. These are Premium Apps

Does the free Zoiper app not support push notifications?

Hi Ronnie,

Unfortunately, it does not. You will need to purchase the full version to unlock that feature. 

Thank you.

Thank you very much. Is Groundwire better than Zoiper Pro in your opinion?

Hi Ronnie,

Yes, the Groundwire application is much better than Zoiper. 

Thank you. 

Hi Fresh Man

I made few changes to Zoiper configuration and now it seems to be working on my wife's Huawei P8.

The problem was that the Zoiper soft phone 'disconnected" unless the app is manually started on the phone, or did not "wake up" when a call was made to that number.

After the changes it now stays "up"...

Thanks for the assistance

Login or Signup to post a comment