Start a new topic
Solved

"The number does not exist..." with outbound calls

Hi,

As from this morning, when dialling using the zoiper app no calls seem to go throught...All I get is a "The number does not exist..." message.

Thanks

Hi Stefan,

Are the issues related to Vodacom numbers only or other network numbers? 

Thank you

Thanks for the quick response Fresh Man.

I've just tried a MTN number, seems to work so seems like it is vodacom related.

Thanks!

Hi Stefan

Vodacom have confirmed that they made massive network changes and are having issues with receiving calls from other networks. This issue seems to be Caller ID related, as we have tested by removing the Caller ID ( changing to anonymous) and then the call goes through. We are awaiting feedback from them that it has been resolved

please advise once this issue has been resolved

Hi Bernard

We are awaiting legal feedback as Vodacom are not accepting Vodacom number Caller ID's that are not originating on their network. We will update this string as soon as we have clarity

ok but I'm displaying an ported 084 number that is on MTN and it is still not working... thanks I will wait for feedback

Hi Bernard,

Thank you. 

Dear Bernard,

As a result of recent changes by our voice carriers to strictly interpret the regulations as set out in the Electronic Communications Act of 2005 (Act No.36 of 2005) and in particular the Numbering Plan Regulations, have resulted in calls with incorrect Caller Line Identification (CLI) being barred. In terms of the Act we are not permitted to transmit an inaccurate CLI as the originator of the communication to a destination network.

What this means for our Customers is that you will no longer be able to use a custom Caller ID even if you can prove that you own the number on another network. Further more 086* numbers will no long be usable as a Caller ID as these are effectively meant for inbound routing only. Only numbers that you have ported or that have been assigned to you by Euphoria will be accepted as a valid Caller ID.

Unfortunately we have no option but to comply with these changes and with immediate effect we will be undertaking a process to correct any accounts that are transmitting a CLI which does not comply with the regulations.

All the Providers will be updating their routing to adhere to this law 

To fix this issue, Caller ID's that should be used is either Anonymous or a number that is on your Freshphone account. ( Either the 087 or a number that you have ported to us )

Login or Signup to post a comment