Start a new topic

Zyxel VMG8924-B10A SIP settings Analogue

Hi, I have ported my telkom number a while ago, but struggle to make or receive calls. I have downloaded the Zoiper app and can make and receive calls on the app.

I have a Zyxel VMG8924-B10A router and a panasonic cordless phone and an old telkom analogue phone. I can see the numbers I have dialed on the router call log and when I log into the Freshphone site. The number doesn't ring, but I get an engaged signal. I do not see any call logs when I dial from my cell phone?

I have looked in the router manual, but there a number of settings and I am not sure what is wrong.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Hi Gawie

Not seen that interface before. I would start by trying to activate Dial Plan and put sip1.freshphone.co.za as the Outbound Proxy. 

Please also double check your router has SIP ALG disabled. On the connection status screen, hover over Network Setting and click NAT, select the ALG tab and disable SIP ALG. Here is a link to follow, plese don't pay attention to them telling you to enable SIP ALG, this should always be disabled. Steps 7 - 10 are what you need to follow

https://helpdesk.voyager.co.nz/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/28/0/setting-up-voipvoice-on-your-zyxel-router

Hi, I activated dial plan, inserted the outbound proxy and disabled SIP ALG

No change...

Hi Gawie,

I hope you are well. Please can you try using the physical IP address which is 41.221.5.251 instead of sip1.freshphone.co.za. If that does not work you can try changing your local SIP port to 5090. Please try the IP address change first before changing the SIP port. 

Thank you. 

Hi I have made the changes and it still doesn't work...
I see there are more settings under SIP account, not sure if this will help. I appreciate the assistance

Hi Gawie,

Please see screenshot below. You need to set the Primary Compression type under voice features to G729 codec.

Thank you.

Hi Thanks, I can now dial from the phone, but it doesn't ring when I dial from my cellphone, although the call comes through on Zoiper.

Regards
Gawie

Hi Gawie,

You can not have the account running on two different devices at the same time. The devices will be fighting for registration and will cause you to miss incoming calls. Please can you activate one device at a time.

Thank you. 

Hi Thanks appreciate your effort, everything is working now.

Regards

Gawie

Login or Signup to post a comment