Start a new topic

how to setup Cisco SPA 112 series Analogue Telephone

Could some please provide me with all the information  I require to set up the above device.

Many thanks  William

Hi William

The SIP password you were using was not the correct one. You are now using the correct one, hence you are online

Hi William

I replied to you via mail about 45 minutes ago. I just sent another one

Hi William

For the SIP Server and Outbound Proxy, try use the IP address instead of the domain name. 41.221.5.251

Hi Freshman,

In In line 11 jpg NAT Keep Alive enable to YES No Change was YES.

In Line 13 made changes as instructed.

I still get no connection.

On the Cisco device the power light remains solid and the internet light flashes.
The 3rd light (Phone 1)  remains blank. When I take the phone off the hook the light b links slowly.
According to the instruction manual no light "port not ready)

What else can I do.

Regards

William

Hi William

In line 13 jpg you need to put sip1.freshphone.co.za as the Outbound Proxy and say yes fro Use Outbound Proxy.

In line 11 jpg you need to set NAT Keep Alive enable to YES

I am sorry - I am very much a novice.

I am attaching clipart of the setup I have entered as well as a copy of my SIP settings.
I would very much appreciate if you would go thru them and let me know I might have gone wrong.
Any help would be most gratefully  accepted.

Regards

Line 15.jpg
(95.2 KB)
Line 14.jpg
(85.3 KB)
Line 13.jpg
(88.2 KB)
Line 12.jpg
(89.1 KB)
Line 11.jpg
(83.5 KB)

Hi William

Please also make sure that you set the NAT Traversal setting to "Keep Alive"

Hi William,

STEP 1

Connect your device's power and ethernet cables. 

For users with the SPA112:
Connect your router with the supplied Ethernet network cable to the SPA112's internet port. Now connect your phone to the SPA112's Phone 1 port. Finally plug the supplied power cable into the SPA112. 

For users with the SPA122:
Connect your router with the supplied Ethernet network cable to the SPA122's Internet port. Temporarily connect your computer to the SPA122's Ethernet port using a Ethernet network cable (this is necessary as the SPA122 will not allow you to access the web configuration interface without changing the default web password). Now connect your phone to the SPA122's Phone 1 port. Finally plug the supplied power cable into the SPA122. 

STEP 2

Wait 60 seconds after plugging your SPA112/SPA122 in. 

Pick up the phone connected to the SPA112/SPA122 and dial the * key on your phone 4 times. 

For users with the SPA112:
Have a pen and paper ready. You will hear a message - Enter a menu option, then enter 1 1 0on your phone. You will now hear a message giving you the IP address of your SPA112 such as - "192.168.001.010" and write this number down. 

For users with the SPA122:
Have a pen and paper ready. You will hear a message - Enter a menu option, then enter 2 1 0on your phone. You will now hear a message giving you the IP address of your SPA122 such as - "192.168.001.010" and write this number down. 

STEP 3

Open a web browser on your computer such as Firefox or Chrome and enter the IP address you heard in step 4 as the address (I.E. where you would normally enter www.yahoo.com). 

Please note: some browsers will require you to remove leading zero's ( 0 's ) in the IP address. For example if you heard "192.168.001.010" you should change this to "192.168.1.10". 

You should now see a page that looks like this: 

Enter the default credentials in the appropriate fields. For the SPA112/SPA122 please specify "admin" as the username, and "admin" as the password (without quotes). 

STEP 5

Next, click on the Time settings link on the side navigation bar and configure your settings accordingly (as shown below): 

Menu Item Setting
Time Zone: Select your specific time zone
Time Server Address: Manual, time.nist.gov

Click the Submit button to save your changes. 

STEP 6

Now, click on Voice on the top menu bar, and click on the SIP link on the side navigation bar and configure your settings accordingly (as shown below): 

Menu Item Setting

G729a Codec Name: G729
G729b Codec Name: G729

Click the Submit button to save your changes. 

STEP 7

We will now configure your Callcentric credentials. To do this click on the Line 1 link on the side navigation bar and configure your settings accordingly (as shown below): 

Menu Item Setting
NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
NAT Keep Alive Enable: Yes
Proxy: sip1.freshphone.co.za

Register Expires: 60
Use DNS SRV: Yes
DNS SRV Auto Prefix: Yes
User ID: Freshphone SIP Username
Password: Freshphone SIP Password
Auth ID: Freshphone SIP Username
Use Auth ID: Yes
Preferred Codec: G729
Second Preferred Codec: G711a
Dial Plan: (*xxx|*75xx|[49]11|0|00|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.|**275*x.)

After you have configured your line settings click the Submit button to save your changes. 

STEP 8

That's it! You can now make a phone call.

I seem to have all this information.

Please detail for me my next steps.

Regards

Hi William,

I hope you are well. You will need your SIP username, SIP password and the SIP domain address to set up the account on the device. All these credentials will be available on your TMS. 

Thank you. 

Login or Signup to post a comment