Start a new topic

Linksys PAP2

Who can assist me to make my Linksys PAP2 work please?

Hi Theo

It will obviously use your SIP credentials for registration. Here is a video on how to access the device and do the basic setup configurations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsytpBkTKII

Hi Fresh Man

It is now all configured and your system sees my connection, but I have no dial tone and cannot make or receive phone calls.

What is next?

Hi Theo

I called it now to test and I see the device is definitely receiving a signal as I can see it is online and it rang when I called it. The issue must lie with passing the call onto the Analog phone. Might be a cable connection issue. Or you need to change the tone/pulse setting to tone on the analog phone

Regards

Freshman

I phoned it myself from another phone.  It rings in my ear but not on the device and even after picking the phone up (without hearing a ring), it does not connect at all (it keeps ringing on the other phone).  So still no dial tone and no making or receiving any phone calls.

I have verified that the phone is on tone (I can communicate with the Linksys via the tone pad of the phone connected to the Linksys).  I even replaced the phone cable, no joy.  

Hi Fresh Man,

Well, after configuring the second line with another voip supplier and plugging in a phone on that line, both lines suddenly went live!  Now I can make & receive calls, no problem.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Theo

That's great news

Regards

Freshman

Login or Signup to post a comment