Start a new topic
Answered

Use more than one handset on same IP Address

Would like to add a second handset to the same SIP line. One stationary and one cordless.  Need to activate more devices on the server.

Best Answer

Unfortunately this is not possible with Freshphone, you can have 2 devices with the same registeration but they wont both work at the same time. This is an enterprise feature and not supported on the free platform.

Answer

Unfortunately this is not possible with Freshphone, you can have 2 devices with the same registeration but they wont both work at the same time. This is an enterprise feature and not supported on the free platform.

Does this mean that you cannot have a second handset on the same base station?  I'm struggling to get a Yealink W52H to dial out.  The first handset works great, but the second can only receive calls and not dial out.

Hi Willem

You can have multiple handsets on a base station. For the Yealink, you will just have to make sure that the Number Assignment ( under the account tab ) for the base is set to use the correct account for dialing out for your second handset. You should have the account in the first vertical line, and then the boxes ticked next to H1 and H2 in that first vertical line. See screenshot below

Thanks.  I had it like that, but was using the redial function, which constantly failed.  Once I dialed the number, it went through.

Login or Signup to post a comment