Start a new topic

Cant phone my Freshphone number

Hello, I have recently installed the Zoiper app on my Windows 8 phone. I am able to make outgoing calls and all works well, but when I tested to see if I could dail my own FreshPhone number from another cellphone (which is an android), the call did not go through. Each time it just said the call ended, without even starting. Can someone please help me in this regard. Thank you.

Hi Richard, 

I see those calls from your mobile to the 087 number didn't terminate properly, I just tried from my phone and it worked. Please test again?

Hello Fresh Man,

I phoned my Zoiper 087 number again this morning from my personal mobile phone to test and see if I can receive calls on my Zoiper app which is on my work cellphone. The voice just told me that "extention 2787.......... is not available". Then there was a beep and then nothing. I then received an email that stated that I have received a voicemail from 083.......... I have tried it two or three times after that as well and it still did not work. I even restarted both phones to see if that might help, but to no avail.

I tried this morning again, still no luck. I also tried with someone else's phone, but the same problem keeps arising: "The person at extension 2787....... is not available." Can someone please help me in this regard. The Zoiper app works perfectly for making outgoing calls, except that the hang-up button does not work. For that I have to each time close the app completely to disconnect the call. Is it something wrong with the Windows phone version of the app? Please let me know, thanks.

Is there someone that can help my please, I am still having trouble receiving incoming calls on my 087..... number. Please help.

Hi Richard, 

Are you registering your account on Zoiper over WiFi or your phones internet? I am concerned that if you are using WiFi there are registration issues. Even if you are not registered you will still be able to make outbound calls as long as you have internet, Zoiper sends the call to our server and it has bidirectional communication because the server knows how to route back to Zoiper. If Zoiper fails to register in the first place when our server tries to send you a call, it doesn't know how to reach your phone through the internet, hence it says this number is unavailable and gives you a voicemail playback.

1 person likes this

Hello Fresh Man,

thank you for the reply.

I am not sure if I registered my Zoiper account over WiFi or otherwise my phone's internet data.I am however using WiFi most of the times since we do not have very good cellphone signal at our house.

From reading your reply I am still not 100% sure what the following step should be? Should I have a look at my WiFi router's settings? If so, how should I go about doing it? Or should I try to register my Zoiper account using my phone's internet data? Is there a way of knowing/seeing which one it is?

Please help me out with this since I am still left in the dark and I am not sure where to search for an applicable answer.

Regards,

Richard.

Hi, Richard, if your phone is on wifi there's a good chance that it is trying to register on wifi. Please, could you let me know which provider you use for internet and what the model number is of your internet router?

Hello Fresh Man,

we make use of iBits. Tenda N300, model # FH307

Any feedback yet, Fresh Man?

Hi Richard

First thing you will need to do is find out if the router has a setting called SIP ALG. You can normally find this under Firewall or Security or NAT. Normally on a Tenda it is Advanced/NAT/ALG .

SIP ALG needs to be disabled. 

If the issue persists, you then need to take it up with the provider maybe blocking bi directional traffic to and from our server address sip1.euphoria.co.za ( 41.221.5.251)

Hello Fresh Man, seems to me the problem is with the Nokia phone app. I made a miss call from my zoiper app to my personal cellphone number, which is an android. When I tried to phone back, it just gave me the same message, "the person at extension ..... is not available at the moment." So my guess is that the problem is with the zoiper app on my Nokia phone?

Any ideas? Please help out.

Regards,

Richard.

Hi Richard

We have never been able to get the calling right on a Nokia. We can register, but dialing and receiving is just a never ending issue. We are still looking for an App that works on Nokia. Let us know if you find one

Login or Signup to post a comment