Start a new topic
Answered

SIP Phone or Analogue Handset with B315s-936 router?

Hi,

I've registered with FreshPHONE and then did a port of my recently de-actived geographic number, and all seems to be reflecting correctly on my FreshPHONE TMS. I'm currently on an uncapped LTE package using a Huawei B315s-936 LTE router.

However I have a few queries about where to next.

1) I have existing analogue handsets phones (1 x Siemens corded phone and a Siemens cordless set of 3 phones which has 1 base station handset with 2 additional phones). Can I use these with my new FreshPHONE account, along with the my LTE router? If so, what are the setup procedures and do I need any additional hardware for that? Just so I can avoid having to buy another handset. And how easy / complicated is this option?

2) If I am forced to get a SIP phone, am I only restricted to use the Yealink W52P or W56P handsets which are recommended? Or could I go for other brands of SIP phones (e.g. the Fanvil, Siemens Gigaset, Atcom or any other brand SIP phones)? Am trying to look at both cost and ease of setup and functionality of the SIP phone options. Or another way of asking the same question would be does FreshPHONE only allow the Yealink SIP phones for use?

3) When registering whichever SIP phone I end up using, which number do I use, since I have a standard 087 and a ported geographical number which reflect in my TMS screen. Does the 087 number take priority (and thus links) to the geographic number?

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi Mahlubodwa,

Have you been able to register your account to your B315 router? it should have an ATA port (it's grey) on the back. This means you can use an analogue line in it. Essentially you need to log into your LTE router and navigate to settings, find ATA or SIP and enter the details provided on the freshphone TMS, once it is registered, plug your analogue phone into the router and all should work. If you are unable to register the account on the router, you will need to buy a SIP handset, this you can put the SIP settings on and plug it into the router in an ethernet port (yellow port) and it will register.

We only suggest the W52/56P because we know it works, should you get another handset and it not work, we can not support it and therefore can not assist you with the setup.  To answer your question the platform is SIP and therefore should support any SIP compliant phone how ever we as a company do not support other devices.

With regards to numbers, the 087 and 021 number do the exact same thing, so if you call the 021 number it routes to the 087 number in the backend and thus rings your phone. You can only configure the 087 number visually but the 021 number does what the 087 is set to do.

Answer

Hi Mahlubodwa,

Have you been able to register your account to your B315 router? it should have an ATA port (it's grey) on the back. This means you can use an analogue line in it. Essentially you need to log into your LTE router and navigate to settings, find ATA or SIP and enter the details provided on the freshphone TMS, once it is registered, plug your analogue phone into the router and all should work. If you are unable to register the account on the router, you will need to buy a SIP handset, this you can put the SIP settings on and plug it into the router in an ethernet port (yellow port) and it will register.

We only suggest the W52/56P because we know it works, should you get another handset and it not work, we can not support it and therefore can not assist you with the setup.  To answer your question the platform is SIP and therefore should support any SIP compliant phone how ever we as a company do not support other devices.

With regards to numbers, the 087 and 021 number do the exact same thing, so if you call the 021 number it routes to the 087 number in the backend and thus rings your phone. You can only configure the 087 number visually but the 021 number does what the 087 is set to do.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the reply, I managed to get everything working using my Huawei B315 router connected to my existing analogue cordless phone system, and have received calls (which the primary need) on the setup.

Thanks for all your other info and assistance.

I look forward to a long, healthy and inexpensive experience with FresPHONE... :-)

Awesome! Glad everything is working and you have a great experience with our platform :)

Login or Signup to post a comment