Start a new topic
Solved

Password changed unrequested

Good morning,

This morning I had my SIP phone open on my computer, and the settings page opened, with the password highlighted.  I closed it, realising that the phone is not connected.

I logged into the TMS and grabbed the password there, and placed this against the settings on my SIP phone, at which point I realised that the password had changed overnight.

Why would that be?  Nobody has my credentials, and secure and complex login credentials are in use.

Regards

Alec

Hi Alec, 

No need to worry, the SIP password was updated as part of a spam spot check, being a VoIP service provider we frequently update our safety and privacy safeguards,  This is not common but can occur as part of a security update, this will not happen to your account again. 

Apologies for the inconvenience  

Dear Fresh Man,

This has happened more than once again since I logged this ticket.

Pray tell, why was this updated with no communication sent out?

Regards

Alec

Hi Alec, 

We can confirm that no changes have been made to your account, It may be possible that you experienced a drop in connection due to connectivity issues. 

Hi Alec,

I checked with our network guys, they say there have been no authentication failures for your SIP account in months, does the phone say not registered or registration failed?

Login or Signup to post a comment