Start a new topic

No support?

I opened ticket #49 24 days ago, and have not had a response. I have still not received the emails, even though I am now up and running using MicroSIP (Zoiper doesn't work properly at all).

Was the ticket missed? Was it assigned to someone who isn't around?

Some insight into why the ticket hasn't been responded to would be most appreciated.

Welcome mailer was sent attached to ticket - Solved 

Hi Fresh Man, I only received the two replies in connection with the porting. No welcome mailer. Does it matter or is there a link that I must activate. Thank you for your assistance. Regards. Neels

Hi Neels,

I just sent you the welcome mailer again from the system, please let me know if you don't receive it.

Dear FreshMan, I signed up on 22 August 2017 and have not received the welcome email. I have also fill in form to port my Telkom number and paid and signed through Rightsignature. I thus did not get the link in the email to finalise. Can you please help. DID number: 0872382587. email:

Jitsi also hangs, and doesn't seem to recover (more than half the time).

Jitsi seems to handle it a little better. Will follow-up if any issues arise.

Seems this isn't solved, after all. Have now tried MicroSIP, Linphone, Zoiper, all the same thing. Am about to try Jitsi, but I doubt it will solve the issue.

That previous 1sec delay was because I'd made calls in the current session. Upon closing and re-opening MSP, same issue. This can't possibly be a software issue.

It turns out that the server doesn't not support UDP/TCP. So, when MicroSIP was configured to automatically detect a connection type, it would run through the list. UDP and TCP would delay it, and it would eventually connect. Changing it to TLS, however, completely resolves the issue. Small delay of 1 second, and it doesn't happen all the time.

I have just written to them - will let you know what they say as soon as I hear back.

No, it would either be the applications or the devices.

One more thing you could do is to test alternate connectivity sources and see how it affects the behaviour 

I will try that, but o do think this is server related.

Hi Michael, 

What you are describing sounds like application runtime errors. 

You could try and log these faults as they occur and escalating them to the application developers and also your respective device suppliers. 

Hi, I'd like to follow up on this. Still using MicroSIP, and the app still hangs when I begin entering the phone number - it hangs for around 10 seconds, sometimes more. Any digits I've typed show up after the delay. When using Zoiper, it starts hanging before I try dialing, and then I land up having to restart it. So, on my PC, MicroSIP is the best as it, at least, recovers from the hang. What could be causing this?

The signup issue has been resolved, 

I'm using a 50MiB fibre-line ver the Seacom network; latency to a local server is 2-3ms. Calling out with my phone on 3G works quite smoothly; no regular hanging.

Login or Signup to post a comment