Start a new topic
Solved

Ported Telkom number not working

The ported Telkom number shows in the DID Manager panel, but if the number is called there is no response/ not available.

Hi Gerry, 

I believe the routeing issue has been amended by

Please let us know if you have any other queries 

Hi FM, Thanks everything seems to be working 100%.

Hi Andrew,

I tested the number on my side and the number rings, I did not receive a message stating the number is not with us. Please test the number and advise if the issue persists. 

Thank you. 

Issue resolved many thanks to Fresh Man

Hi Dominic,

If I try dialling your ported telkom number now from a cellphone and it worked but from a telkom landline it did not so it looks as though the issue is with telkom's routing of that number. I have informed our porting department and they will follow up.

Hi, I'm changing from Cell C to Wirulink as my ISP. Wirulink will pre program the router that I am getting now, but they need all the SIP nr etc etc. Please be so kind as to forward me all the necessary details they would need to be able to pre program the router. Greetings, HJ MONTGOMERY.
I have now find out that my cordless telephones are NOT VoIP compatible. I want to cry!!! Will have to try and find compatible VoIP phone first.

Hi Umesh,

I've answered your question on the private ticket you submitted. 

Thank you. 

Hi,

When dialing my ported number, why would the voice message answer that my extension is unavailable, but it reads a number back which differs from my SIP ID? The same number as my SIP is read, except for the last digit incorrectly being zero.

Hi Clement,

I will create a private ticket so we can discuss this issue further. 

Hi Henry,

Please advise on what information they need from us. 

I suppose the SIP NR and all other set-up info Wirulink would need to configure the router so that when I get it, it can be plugged in and will work . Hope I'm explaining myself clearly? You have also asked for pics of my telephone which I will be using, I have sent it but have had no feedback yet. Greetings. Monty Montgomery.
I received mail informing me that the PORTING of my line will take place on 20/03. On Wednesday I noticed a message on my portable phone "check line" !! very excited, I plugged the phone into my Rooter, and NO DAILLING TONE!! Please help!!
Login or Signup to post a comment