Start a new topic

Managing your dialing restrictions

This video will take you through a step by step guide to setting up and managing your dialing restrictions. 

https://youtu.be/2HjEU74kJas

1 person has this question

hi,how do i unblock calling other countries

Hi Bradley/Londiwe/Faris

If you watch the video, it tells you exactly how to do it at about 2 minutes into the video. 

1 person likes this

thank you FRESH MAN you're the best

The above steps where not sufficient to enable international calling for me. I get a voice prompt stating that the call rate to this destination has changed and I must consult the telkom website. It goes on to say that to interrupt this message I can press any key on the dial-pad.  This does not work.

The number I am trying to dial is +31 (Netherlands)

Hi Richard

The steps above were sufficient to dial internationally. I can see on your account that you are no longer getting a Restrictions error. If you wait for the announcement to end, it should direct you to your destination. When Telkom changes their international rates to a country, that message always plays for a few days, this does not effect your rates though

1 person likes this

Thanks it is working today - on friday it was cutting the call. Perhaps because I was following the instructions and pressing keys on the dial pad to bypass the message as instructed.

1. I haven't paid this months bill as yet, it is only due on the 5th of February 2019 and my account is not yet overdue, will my port fail if I do it today (01 February 2019)? 2. Can I do the port tomorrow (Saturday)? 3. What times on Saturday can I do the port? 4. How long will the port take to be completed? 5. What happens to my Telkom account after the port is completed? 6. Can I do the port at any time of the day/night?

Hi Keegan

To answer your questions:

1. I haven't paid this months bill as yet, it is only due on the 5th of February 2019 and my account is not yet overdue, will my port fail if I do it today (01 February 2019)?

Your port will be rejected if your account is not up to date with payments.

2. Can I do the port tomorrow (Saturday)? 

No pots can only be done on weekdays between 4pm and midnight on the day.

3. What times on Saturday can I do the port? 

Ports cannot be done on weekends.

4. How long will the port take to be completed? 

Porting takes between 7-21 days to complete from submission.

5. What happens to my Telkom account after the port is completed? 

The number you have ported will be automatically cancelled but it will be your responsibility to ensure the numbers have been cancelled from Telkom and any other services not needed will have to be cancelled by yourself.

6. Can I do the port at any time of the day/night?

Porting happens between 4pm and midnight on the day of porting.

It says forbitten for the USA and I did enable the USA

Hi Nico,

There was an issue with international dialing which has been resolved. Please make sure you have enabled the country you wish to dial in the TMS and try again.

My dashboard does not look like the one on the YouTube video.

Which youtube video?

My account still no work to we long in my account not found i try still say usname not found

Hi Bhekithemba

You are signing in with the domain part of your email address being GMALI. It is not GMALI...it is GMAIL. This is why it is saying username not found

Login or Signup to post a comment