Fastest Setup for a Mobile App
1) Got into the TMS (https://tms.freshphone.co.za) and select your account, then on the dashboard page, scroll to the Account Settings section.
2) Click the Zoiper QR code button illustrated below:
3) The QR Code will display.
4) Now open Zoiper
5) Tap the QR Code icon on the top left of the home (dialer) screen,
6) Using the phone's camera, scan the QR code that should still be open on your PC.
7) The system will automatically install the correct settings,
8) Tap Login button, and your account will be setup and ready to go.
G729 is a codec, think of it as a zip file vs a uncompressed file, if you email a large file to someone it may take a long time to download it (if they have slow internet) if you zip that file and send it to them compressed, it will download faster. It helps with data saving and sounds better on low bandwidth links.
The codec will be an in-app purchase on your device, you need to have a look through the zoiper/groundwire app for purchases and then you can select G729.
We only support G729, iLBC and GSM for mobile phones. Of the choices listed, G729 is the best choice.
I tested the number with my cellular phone and the call was connected. Your number is activated for incoming calls. Please test again and advise.
You shouldnt need a VPN to register to Freshphone, unless you are in a country which specifically blocks SIP and VoIP protocols.
Hi, I would like to setup Zoiper for Windows on my laptop therefore need to configure settings manually and not scan QR code.
You will need the following information to setup the Zoiper application on your PC, your SIP username, SIP password and SIP domain address which will be sip1.freshphone.co.za. All the relavent credentials can be found on the Freshphone TMS. If you still having issues setting it up please screenshot the setup page for Zoiper and I will guide you.
That is correct. Zoiper Pro or Groundwire works better as it allows calls to be received when the App is not open ( Push Notifications) They are Premium apps