Fastest Setup for a Mobile App
1) Got into the TMS (https://tms.freshphone.co.za) and select your account, then on the dashboard page, scroll to the Account Settings section.
2) Click the Zoiper QR code button illustrated below:
3) The QR Code will display.
4) Now open Zoiper
5) Tap the QR Code icon on the top left of the home (dialer) screen,
6) Using the phone's camera, scan the QR code that should still be open on your PC.
7) The system will automatically install the correct settings,
8) Tap Login button, and your account will be setup and ready to go.
Hi, I would like to setup Zoiper for Windows on my laptop therefore need to configure settings manually and not scan QR code.
You will need the following information to setup the Zoiper application on your PC, your SIP username, SIP password and SIP domain address which will be sip1.freshphone.co.za. All the relavent credentials can be found on the Freshphone TMS. If you still having issues setting it up please screenshot the setup page for Zoiper and I will guide you.
I tested the number with my cellular phone and the call was connected. Your number is activated for incoming calls. Please test again and advise.
registration failed dns timeout 503
using wifi on android
I hope you are well. Please try using the physical IP address (22.214.171.124) instead of the URL. Please advise if the issue has been resolved.
You shouldnt need a VPN to register to Freshphone, unless you are in a country which specifically blocks SIP and VoIP protocols.
That is correct. Zoiper Pro or Groundwire works better as it allows calls to be received when the App is not open ( Push Notifications) They are Premium apps
Personally I think groundwire is better, but its a matter of preference. If you pay for either you will still have to buy the G729 codec separately if you wish to have the best call quality for the lowest bandwidth.