Start a new topic

How to setup Zoiper Mobile App automatically on iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows and Linux,

Fastest Setup for a Mobile App

1) Got into the TMS (https://tms.freshphone.co.za) and select your account, then on the dashboard page, scroll to the  Account Settings section.

2) Click the Zoiper QR code button illustrated below:

3) The QR Code will display.

4) Now open Zoiper

5) Tap the QR Code icon on the top left of the home (dialer) screen, 

6) Using the phone's camera, scan the QR code that should still be open on your PC.

7) The system will automatically install the correct settings, 

8) Tap Login button, and your account will be setup and ready to go.

Hi, I would like to setup Zoiper for Windows on my laptop therefore need to configure settings manually and not scan QR code. 

Hi Gerhardus,

You will need the following information to setup the Zoiper application on your PC, your SIP username, SIP password and SIP domain address which will be sip1.freshphone.co.za. All the relavent credentials can be found on the Freshphone TMS. If you still having issues setting it up please screenshot the setup page for Zoiper and I will guide you. 

Thank you. 

I have setup Zoiper SIP client and can make calls. Why can I not dial my 087059 number from another mobile phone?

Hi Christo,

I tested the number with my cellular phone and the call was connected. Your number is activated for incoming calls. Please test again and advise. 

Thank you. 

registration failed dns timeout 503

using wifi on android

Hi Len,

I hope you are well. Please try using the physical IP address (41.221.5.251) instead of the URL. Please advise if the issue has been resolved. 

Thank you. 

Can I use FreshPHONE on my Samsung Smartphone A5 - It has a VPN Facility?

You shouldnt need a VPN to register to Freshphone, unless you are in a country which specifically blocks SIP and VoIP protocols. 

Hi! IF I understand you correctly : I can install the Zoiper mobile app onto my Samsung Galaxy A5 Android smartphone, register & buy FreshPHONE airtme; & I will be able to make & receive phone calls. Am I correct. . ?

Hi Viveganathen

That is correct. Zoiper Pro or Groundwire works better as it allows calls to be received when the App is not open ( Push Notifications) They are Premium apps

Thanks! Which is a Superior & Better app in terms of : (1)Receiving & making calls (as I live at the bottom of a valley. (2)Quality & Clarity of voice & signal strength. (3)Range of features. (4)Price.
. . Better app between Zoiper Pro OR Groundwork . . . Thanks in advance.

Personally I think groundwire is better, but its a matter of preference. If you pay for either you will still have to buy the G729 codec separately if you wish to have the best call quality for the lowest bandwidth.

Layman's Question (LoL) : What is G729 codec. . . ?
Login or Signup to post a comment