Start a new topic
Answered

How do I set up a Huawei B315 with my Analogue phone?

Configuring Huawei B315 for use with Fresh PHONE 

STEP  1 Log on to your Huawei B315
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Navigate to the Settings tab expand the Security menu then click on SIP ALG Settings.
This setting needs to be Disabled as it might cause dropped calls or loss of registration.

Thereafter you may update the voice settings as per the example is shown below:

STEP  2 Setting up the SIP Server
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Navigate to VoIP menu and click on SIP Server and enter the server details (check your accounts dashboard) an example is indicated in the screenshot below:

STEP 3 Add the SIP Account
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now you should be able to see a Registered , registration status once you have added the SIP Account to the device if this is not the case review the configuration settings as well as the SIP credentials you have inserted.

Remember: SIP Account & Username must consist of your 11 digit Username  (check your account dashboard)

STEP  4 Connect the Analogue phone to the Huawei B315

There you go! Now you just need to get calling. 

Best Answer

Good Day,

I have a Huawei B315 and connected an analogue phone to it.  I followed all of the steps as per above, but in the end the B315 still does not register to the SIP server. I then inserted the IP address of sip1.freshphone.co.za which is 41.221.5.251 into the SIP server domain name block in SIP Server settings and voilah, it works.

Hi Nitheen

That is great news. Have a fantastic day

Freshman

Hi Freshman

DND was de-activated.  Inbound was not ticked.  Problem solved at last!

Thank you.

Hi Nitheen

When calling your number it gets a busy signal. Is your phone perhaps on DND? ( Do Not Disturb)

Please also log into the phones web interface and see the Number Assignment menu on the Account tab and ensure that ring inbound is ticked for the relevant handset that your account is registered to

Freshman....

Please assist with my 1 way calling issue....

Hi Friedrich Tell me did you do you have SIP ALG as enabled or not? Also under Firewall switch Is the “enable firewall” ticked or not? I’m still getting my SIP account as “unregistered”
Answer

Good Day,

I have a Huawei B315 and connected an analogue phone to it.  I followed all of the steps as per above, but in the end the B315 still does not register to the SIP server. I then inserted the IP address of sip1.freshphone.co.za which is 41.221.5.251 into the SIP server domain name block in SIP Server settings and voilah, it works.

Hi Freshman

Please assist with my one-way functionality.  I make make outgoing calls but cannot receive any incoming call from Vodacom, Telkom, etc.

I'm aware that others had a similar problem which you assisted in resolving.

Thanks

Regards

Nitheen

Hi Freshman

I did open a ticket but it was automatically closed as it was technical and I was referred to this forum.  Please assist with the above problem of 1-way functionality. I am uncomfortable with sharing my number on an open platform like this - something that Freshphone should have considered (client confidentiality) but I suppose I have no other option as my ticket was automatically closed.  Please e-mail me on nitheen.keshav@gmail.com so that I can provide my Freshphone number or you can trace it via my name. I can dial out from that number but cannot dial to that number.  Please assist in resolving this.

Many thanks

Regards

Nitheen

Just stepped outside and tested...

I could make calls from Yealink W52P to my cellphone but when attempting to phone the Freshphone number from my cellphone ...it indicates that my cellphone is busy dialing out but the Yealink does not ring.   1 way call.

Freshman..you need to assist here...

Hi Guys

Played around a bit today with the following success:

Yealink W52P "REGISTERED"

So, the following is what I did differently:

On the Huawel B315 go to Security, SIP/ALG Settings - enable this

Under Security go to Firewall and disable it.

Then go to Yealink IP address (192.168.8.100) and attempt to register.

I have not tested this as yet due to it being late...but thus far I have the handset registered.

Will update tomorrow.

Hi Guys,

I have feedback from a high level tech at CellC, please see below:

Have you tried disabling the firewall all together?

Hi Jacques,

We will keep updating you on any progress we make. 

Thank you for your continued faith in FreshPhone as a service. 

Thanks Fresh Man, I have only had good service from Fresh so far. I tested your service on Zoiper without having any issues. My gripe is with cell C because I specifically said I wanted voip and was about to sign up with another isp because of that. A Fresh phone account and an ip handset was given as remedy for their lack of voip support. So either they don't know their own product, which is bad or they lied to sign me up which is even worse. Hopefully there wil be a solution soon. I have already spent money on a (now useless) voip handset and just don't want to waste money on porting my telkom numer to you if there is no solution and I end up using an old cellphone for this purpose anyhow.

Dear FreshPhone users, 

Please note that we acknowledge your frustrations, FreshPhone has no affiliation in any way with Cell C, we are, however, attempting to contact their management team in an effort to find a suitable solution for users experiencing the same issues with their connection.

We will keep our users updated via our community forum in any event. 

Thank you for your participation and we trust the matter will be addressed soonest.  

All a load of B$ from Cell C.  It's not that they have to flash their routers..they do it intentionally.  What bothers me is that they don't offer their own VoIP packages on the fibre.  Maybe they are afraid that it will reduce their income generated from cellular contracts & pre-paid sales.

Was the surname of the Cell C rep same as a colour?   ...I experienced the same sales pitch.  In fact he's the one who introduced me to Fresh Phone ...only for it not to be supported by them.

One must maybe look at taking this issue up with the Fibre Optic Association ombudsman..if there is such a person appointed.

Login or Signup to post a comment