Start a new topic

Geographic Number Porting

Our Geographic Number Porting service will be available within 10 working days.

We will update this POST once ready.

Thank you for your patience.

8 people have this question

SIP account number: 27870575831

Ok I've tested from Vodacom , CellC and Telkom mobile numbers to dial the ported number, all failed.

Only when I use the Zoiper app on another phone and then dialling the ported number from a different freshphone account that it works - which is basically internally voip to voip. 

still not working

checked again 05:25 early, still not properly ported

Hi Karen,

As discussed via the ticket you submitted, there were minor routing issues on the line after porting, however they have since been corrected and all is now working.

Thanx.

Regards,

FreshPhone Porting Department

1 person likes this

yes thank you, all sorted

Hi Karen,

Thank you. 

Hi there. I'd like to port my landline number in preparation for fibre roll-out happening in my area. Activation should happen in a week or so. I currently have a bundled service from Telkom where I use them for the ADSL line, internet connection and ISP. I obviously don't want any service interruption whilst fibre is not yet active. If I port my landline number and hold off on cancelling my Telkom line, will this ensure that my internet service is not disrupted? Put differently, if I port my current landline number, do I have to request another landline number from Telkom to ensure that my internet service is not disrupted?

Hi Adenaan,

I hope you are well. You will need to request a new number from Telkom if you port your number before your internet cancelation date. Having an ADSL line requires the line to have  a geographical number to operate. I would also like to point out that it takes close to two weeks for the porting process to be completed. 

Thank you. 

Thank you for the prompt response. I think the safest is then to hold off on the porting for now. I'll cancel the internet subscription as soon as my fibre is active, and then port at the same time.

Hi Adenaan,

Thank you. 

Do I still need to cancel my TELKOM line with Telkom after my number has been ported or is the cancellation done automatically?

Hi Johannes,

If you filled out the porting documents on our side you will not need to contact Telkom. 

Thank you. 

How long does it take you to port from Telkom? Telkom takes over a month to cancel and i am trying to reducing double billing.  If i cancel the Telkom account now, and sign up for your porting service now, will you be able to port within the month? 

Hi Nadir,

I hope you are well. Please be advised that the porting process takes between 7-21 days. Its best to submit the porting documents to us at the beginning of the month to reduce double billing. I apologise for the inconvenience caused. 

Thank you. 

Login or Signup to post a comment