Start a new topic

Geographic Number Porting

Our Geographic Number Porting service will be available within 10 working days.

We will update this POST once ready.

Thank you for your patience.

3 people have this question

Hi Len

The 087 number is the actual SIP Trunk. Your ported number will point at that trunk. We can't remove the 087 number and still keep the Trunk functional

I currently have an 011 number which used to be with Telkom but it has been ported to Vodacom. Now I would like to port it to Fresh. Can it be done?

Hi Adenaan,

Thank you. 

I just created a FreshPHONE account and completed the RICA process.
I now want to port my Telkom landline number, but I get an error message: There seems to have been a problem please reload the page. If the problem persists please notify us with the problem and we will resolve it as quickly as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please let me know once this has been sorted.

Thanks!

Hi Andre,

I hope you are well. I will create a private ticket for you regarding this query. 

Thank you. 

HI there, I received confirmation that my Telkom number was successfully ported and I see it on my freshphone DID profile, but when I dial the number the physical telkom land line still rings.

Is there any additional step that needs to be followed?

If check my number here and it still shows as managed by telkom. https://www.porting.co.za/PublicWebsite/

Hi there, I ported my landline number using your porting service. I was told that porting would be done on the 4th of December, and I now see the number under my DID. But my physical landline is still active. I thought that the landline with Telkom is automatically cancelled as part of this process. Is my thinking correct or do I still have to cancel the landline with Telkom myself? If it is the latter, can I go ahead and do so? FP-PORTv2-00316

Hi Adenaan,

I will create a private ticket regarding your query. 

Thank you. 

Fresh Man,

I have previously ported my ADSL line to AXXESS more than 2 years ago.

I now wanted to port my home number to Freshphone and after paying the R 150.00 I was informed that I would be loosing my ADSL connection also.  I don't want to loose my ADSL line.  I was under the impression that it's no longer with Telkom any longer.  Can you please advise?

Do I still need to cancel my TELKOM line with Telkom after my number has been ported or is the cancellation done automatically?

Hi Carol, 

Telkom has confirmed that you CAN port it? or that it HAS already ported? If you are able to port the number, you are welcome to port to our platform, please see below:

Geographic landline numbers can be ported to Fresh PHONE.This include’s all South African numbers that start with 01, 02, 03, 04 and 05.Mobile numbers such 083, 072 and 061 cannot be ported to Fresh PHONE.

The once off cost to Port your number to Fresh PHONE is R150 incl VAT.

To Port your number to Fresh PHONE

You login into your Fresh PHONE account, click on DID Manager, click Port Number You will need to provide documents and complete the application form.You will receive an invoice for R150 that will need to be paid via Mastercard or Visa before your application is processed.

You will need to have the following on hand.

A copy of your current service providers invoice and it must display the number you wish to Port.A scanned JPG or PDF of the ID of the account holder.The account holder will need to sign the application forms and authorization letter.

Hi Nic,

Please send an email to port@freshphone.co.za, with your FreshPhone account number as well as the ported number, in order for us to investigate further. 

Regards,

FreshPhone

I initiated a cancellation with Telkom yesterday and registered here today. Will it be a problem porting my Telkom number when there is a pending cancellation (effective 13 July)?

Hi Johannes,

If you filled out the porting documents on our side you will not need to contact Telkom. 

Thank you. 

If it is an 011 Geographical number I see no reason as to why it shouldn't be able to be ported. 

Login or Signup to post a comment