Start a new topic

Geographic Number Porting

Our Geographic Number Porting service will be available within 10 working days.

We will update this POST once ready.

Thank you for your patience.

3 people have this question

Hi Richard,

Any geographical number should be able to port, as long as the Network provider is registered with The Number Portability Company. 

In order to determine whether the number is registered or not, please insert the number into the link below:

https://www.porting.co.za/PublicWebsite/

If the number is registered, it will tell you which network the number belongs to. If it is not registered, it will give the following result - "Unable to obtain owner of number". 

If it is unable to obtain the owner of the number, you will need to contact Nexus and find out who their network provider is that hosts your number and query why they are not registered with The Number Portability Company. They will need to register before you will be able to ever port your number away from them.

Hope you find the above in order.

Regards,

FreshMan

Oh no - that's sad:

Unable to obtain owner of number 021xxxxxx

If my Telkom landline number was already ported to another ISP, can you port it to Freshphone?

The CRDB shows

011xxxxxxx has been ported and is serviced by ICONGNP.

So in the porting.co.za database I get a 'unable to obtain' -- but Nexus/WebAfrica say I can port... so should I just try? Tell me what I can do @fresh!

Hi Richard,

When you number shows up as "unable to obtain owner" it means the provider you are currently with has not registered your number with the number portability to allow porting out.

Nexus Is incorrect, even if we try there is a 100% chance your port will be rejected with that reason.

Nexus as your provider needs to assist in registering your number to be ported, this is the only way to get your number ported.

Regards

Freshman 

If my Telkom landline number was already ported to another ISP, can you port it to Freshphone?

The CRDB shows

011xxxxxxx has been ported and is serviced by ICONGNP.

Hi Neill

Yes, you can port a number numerous times as long as you are able to obtain the owner of the number when searching it on CRDB

My facility has stopped showing the number of the person calling me.  Is their a setting I need to 'reset'?

Hi Rudolph

Please can you provide us with more detail. What device you use? Which account are you referring to? I can see 2 under your name

(Porting)mine has been added , but I also see my first line 087 has become a pbx, Please explain how this works. can I make my new 087 fall away and just use my porting number

Thx Len

Hi Len

The 087 number is the actual SIP Trunk. Your ported number will point at that trunk. We can't remove the 087 number and still keep the Trunk functional

Hi,

We want to port our telkom number over, but it says we need to have an application form on hand.

Where is this application form?
Do we fill it out after we have completed payment?

Hi Dan,

Once you have made payment, you will be redirected to the port application form which you will complete online. You will then need to navigate back to the FreshPhone website to complete the application and upload the form, ID and telephone bill.

Regards,

FreshMan

Getting an error trying to pay for a port. Its throwing a web exception error about values that cannot be null.

I get the same thing - site is very broken! I hope I haven't been charged.

Source Error: 

Line 27: 
Line 28:         string actionName = Request["actionName"];
Line 29:         AccountID = int.Parse(Request["AccountID"]);
Line 30:         try
Line 31:         {

Source File: c:\inetpub\.NET TMS\pages\Billing-Modal-Port.aspx.cs    Line: 29 

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: String]
   System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +7470778
   System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +119
   System.Int32.Parse(String s) +23
   pages_Billing_Modal_Port.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\.NET TMS\pages\Billing-Modal-Port.aspx.cs:29
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Login or Signup to post a comment