Start a new topic

Geographic Number Porting

Our Geographic Number Porting service will be available within 10 working days.

We will update this POST once ready.

Thank you for your patience.

10 people have this question

Can you port a number from another person to my account.

yes, you may. Please use  the 'persons' ID, most recent Telephone Bill and details on the application.

Please follow the below process to initiate porting.

To start the porting process please login to your TMS: https://tms.freshphone.co.za/

- Select your account

- Select DID manager on the right hand panel

- Select "Port my geographical number"

- Follow the prompts and complete the porting application form

- Upload all documents and submit your submission.

Please DO NOT cancel your line with your current provider, only cancel it once the port has been successful, The provider will receive a port out notification and they should automatically cancel your line, however always best to follow up with a call to them to confirm the cancellation on the line.

We cannot port a cancelled/suspended line.

Porting takes between 7-21 days.

Thanks

My mum passed away, and I want to port her Telkom number to my fresh phone account. What documentation do you need? where to must email it?  greetings Willem

You need your mom's ID and death certificate, a recent Telkom bill in your mom's name and you need to fill in the online form, with her details and you need to sign the form in your name.

Hi Fresh Man, I have gone through the process of porting my Telkom number, paid the R155,25 and completed and uploaded the online FreshPhone Porting Application Form. However, I somehow missed the part to upload the other two required documents (my ID and Telkom account). Is there a way to upload these two documents without going through the whole process and having to pay R155,25 again?

Hi Christo

Please mail port@freshphone.co.za with your request

Hi, I got an email from Freshphone on 5 December to say my Telkom number would be ported today, 10 December, but this has not happened.

What do I do now?  

When I try and phone my number, the message says that Euphoria has no record of my number.

I paid R155 when I applied for porting on 18 November.

My Telkom line has been cancelled.

Hi Linda

Numbers port at around midnight

So my number was ported and it's showing up in my DID manager and can set it as my caller ID, but when I phone the number it says the number does not exist and when I call from the phone it shows the ported number? What's the point of porting the number if you can't call it and it's just an caller ID no one can call back to?

Hi Andre

Please be advised that Porting take place anywhere between 5pm - midnight. Your number should be active.

Please test your number again and advise.

If your number is still not working, please log a ticket at port@freshphone.co.za

My landline was ported in January and is still receiving Telkom accounts. what do I do now?
pdf

Hi Frans

Please be advised that Telkom has a 30 day cancellation period and that you will still receive 1 bill with your ported number on.

You number ported on the 15th January 2020, so you are still within the 30 day period.

Telkom require a Porting reference number in order to stop billing me

Otherwise their billing just carries on.  Telling their billing dept that the number has been ported is not enough

Where do I find such a reference?

Thanks

Hi Chris

I have replied to you via a ticket.

Thanks

If I port my landline to FreshPhone and then in a year's time decide to move away, can I port this number to another service provider?

Many thanks.

Login or Signup to post a comment