Start a new topic

Geographic Number Porting

Our Geographic Number Porting service will be available within 10 working days.

We will update this POST once ready.

Thank you for your patience.

3 people have this question

Hi my card transaction for port application was successful but was not diverted to the documents upload section. Please assist to get these uploaded. My FreshPhone number is 0872376803

1 person likes this

Hi there.

I just tried to port my phone number and managed to make a payment using my credit card.

After the payment went through I got an error message from Freshphone saying "The response is not authentic"

I have received an email from Paygate saying the payment was successful. 

If I try do the port again I have to go through the payment page.

1 person likes this

Hi Ernest,

If you wish to keep the line active, you would need to indicate that you require a replacement number allocated on the porting submission. If you will no longer require the line to be active you would need to request the line be canceled after successful porting has taken place and has been tested.

NB! : Please take into account that no services or line rentals must be canceled before successful porting has taken place as the DID associated with the service will be lost, this is irreversible.

1 person likes this

Hi

I have registered with Freshphone and just had my RICA approved. I would like to port my Geographical number and the webpage requires me to submit a signed authorised order form and personal authorisation letter and to do so online. I cannot find where these forms are. Please could you direct me to them.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rick

Hi i would like to understand the process following the port of a Telkom line to Freshphone. 

I understand the process as described here and on the site (which is to complete the porting process) but I would like to know what needs to be post-porting. 

Does FreshPhone cancel the Telkom (other) account on behalf of the client, or do we need to contact Telkom to cancel the account?

Thanks

Hi again, I have an additional question: 

Are ported numbers linked to the original account (087 number) or is it identified as a second account on the profile? 

Also: i notice that the Porting is identified as R150 (on the porting forms and process in TMS) and R285 on the pricing pages and elsewhere. Can you confirm the correct price, or amend your site to be consistent.

Thanks

Hi there.

Just like Eugene I have tried to port my phone number and managed to make a payment using my credit card.

After the payment went through I got an error message from Freshphone saying "The response is not authentic"

Clearly the bug was not successfully fixed. what do I need to do to continue with the port?

Hi Michael, Ported numbers are added to the original account, but added as an additional number (DID), so you cam actually receive calls over both numbers once ported.

The cost for porting to FreshPHONE has been reduced to R150 - mainly because the process all happens online, and there is much less admin involved. Porting is an admin intensive process - mainly in dealing with Telkom, as you can imagine its not fun :( but well gladly do it for 150 buks tho!

Hi, thanks for the confirmation on the pricing! R150 is definitely a better deal.

Can you confirm the after porting process as well please? 

thanks!

Yes, our admin team will let you know once completed. 

Hi, I submitted a request to have my 011 number ported. I paid for it and submitted all paperwork, and today I get a port rejection email that I can’t be ported as the line is cancelled. This however is not true, as the voice line is still active and I’m currently using it and telkom has also confirmed that the line is active and not cancelled

How many days does the process takes from a completed and paid application to the ported number being being implemented on the FP platform?

Hi there.

I just tried to port my phone number and managed to make a payment using my credit card.

After the payment went through I had a internet issue and cant seem to complete the process

Hi Fresh Porting, I went through the process of porting my number and paid and signed through RightSignature. I cannot remember uploading all the documents. Will ibe able to see the ported number on my profile once completed instead of the 087...... number? Sorry I know you do not give much support because there is no monthly charge but it is new technology for an old man. Thank you.

Hi Neill

Yes, you can port a number numerous times as long as you are able to obtain the owner of the number when searching it on CRDB

Login or Signup to post a comment