Start a new topic

Geographic Number Porting

Our Geographic Number Porting service will be available within 10 working days.

We will update this POST once ready.

Thank you for your patience.

1 person has this question

Hi there.

I just tried to port my phone number and managed to make a payment using my credit card.

After the payment went through I got an error message from Freshphone saying "The response is not authentic"

I have received an email from Paygate saying the payment was successful. 

If I try do the port again I have to go through the payment page.

1 person likes this

Hi Eugene, sorry about that, seems like we still have some debugging to do - ill make sure the accounts people get hold of you, and we will take things from there.

@fresh man Are you able to port 011 Telkom numbers now?

Hi Eugene, Yes, our Residential Number Porting system is in place. You can port any geographical number.

There was a problem last week with regards to validating the response from PayGate - now that this issue has been resolved, the online Porting application page works fine.

In your case, someone will be in contact with you, if they have not already. They will give you the link in an email (the same link that the online form provides.) The Online form, requires you to upload a two scanned documents and one DPF that you generate online.

Hi. What will happen to your telkom telephone landline after it has been ported to freshphone? Will it just be switched off?

Hi Ernest,

If you wish to keep the line active, you would need to indicate that you require a replacement number allocated on the porting submission. If you will no longer require the line to be active you would need to request the line be canceled after successful porting has taken place and has been tested.

NB! : Please take into account that no services or line rentals must be canceled before successful porting has taken place as the DID associated with the service will be lost, this is irreversible.

1 person likes this

Hi, I want to port my Telkom number but I don't want to loose my telkom email. How do I proceed?

Hi Fresh Man Referred a friend. Her single Telkom line was signed up under a business account. Can she port this 011 geographic number to fresh phone?
Hi Fresh Man Referred a friend. Her single Telkom line was signed up under a business account. Can she port this 011 geographic number to fresh phone?

Hi Aadil Lakhi,

There is no technical reason why you would not be able to port a business account number to FreshPhone but bare in mind that this service was primarily designed  for residential use. 

In the event, you are looking for a service catering exclusively for business telephony I would refer you to www.euphoria.co.za (our parent Company) providing complete Hosted PBX services from as little as R195.00 per month excluding Vat. 

Terms and Conditions apply.

Hi there.

Just like Eugene I have tried to port my phone number and managed to make a payment using my credit card.

After the payment went through I got an error message from Freshphone saying "The response is not authentic"

I have received an email from Paygate saying the payment was successful. 

If I try do the port again I have to go through the payment page.

Clearly the bug was not successfully fixed. what do I need to do to continue with the port?

Hi Edwin, Please email your payment  details and port request to help@freshphone.co.za we are aware of the persistent issue and we are working on it, in the meanwhile the port may still be processed manually.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi, Once my Telkom number has been ported, how do I link it to my FreshPhone account?

Hi Rupert, 

Once your number has successfully ported, we add the number to your account automatically. 

Login or Signup to post a comment